- This event has passed.
Inventory Management and Tracking
The ability to track food products across the supply chain is at the center of modern inventory management in school nutrition programs. Food safety and security issues have added a need for traceability of food products. This food safety training focuses on the need to trace and track products due to food recalls, foodborne illness, and food security (bioterrorism). Curriculum covers the use of product identifiers – GTIN (Global Trade Item Number) and GS1-128 bar codes – as tracking tools. The goals of this training are to:
- Identify inventory management best practices
- Discuss inventory control and supply chains
- Provide tools for inventory management
- Introduce traceability and tracking systems
- Describe incorporation of traceability practices into standard SNP inventory management practices