This course qualifies for SNA core course certification level 1.
Food safety is the responsibility of every person in school nutrition programs. Every action has the potential to impact the safety of the food, whether during purchasing, storing, preparing, holding, serving, or cleaning. This comprehensive food safety training course provides guidance for school nutrition professionals to assure the preparation and service of safe food and how to manage a safe and sanitary school nutrition operation. Lesson topics:
- Food Safety is Top Priority
- Prevent Foodborne Illness: Understanding Microorganisms
- Basic Facts About Microorganisms
- A Clean and Sanitary School Nutrition Facility
- A Process for Preventing Foodborne Illness
- Food Safety Programs in Schools